• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin grading

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just got my 2 coins back, they are the same coin. One was graded at 70 and the other at 69. 

Problem is I do not know which coin belong to the certificate number of 2000 or 15,000 because it wasn't printed on the case. I thought it would be since I sent in the certificate with the coin to distinguish each coin.

Well, one is mine and one is a friends and now I don't know who gets the 70 and the 69.

Is it safe to say the higher grade coin belongs to the certificate number 2000?

Edited by peterlee

Welcome to the Forum.

You can't go by the certificate number. The coins are just randomly picked and they would have no way of knowing what the grade was when it was matched with any certificate.

Thanks for the info, so I guess I should have sent it separately or have my friend send his themselves.

I seen some others having the COA printed on the case but I didn't see any mention of that when I was submitting the forms.

If you remember in what order you listed the coins on the submission form you should be able to match the COA # to the submission #. NGC keeps the coins in the order that they are received, so if COA #2000 was the first coin listed on the submission form its cert# should end in -001. That's assuming you listed the coins individually, if you grouped them on the same line of the submission form your SOL.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike