• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANA Registry?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/7652/ana-registry/

Wow, so many questions...

How will the NGC and ANA registries coexist? 

Do they need to coexist or will NGC retire theirs?

Will NGC rules their change once this happens? It would be reasonable then that PCGS coins are not allowed (for everyone), otherwise there will be two duplicate registries, correct?

Will the ANA format be similar to (i.e. copied from) NGCs? It sounded as though that was then plan.

ANA wants their first competition in Aug 2021.  Is this enough time given the problems the contract developers have had to meet deadlines?

Any idea about the reasoning or timing of the decision?

Time to speculate! :whatev::popcorn:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

Will NGC rules their change once this happens? It would be reasonable then that PCGS coins are not allowed (for everyone), otherwise there will be two duplicate registries, correct?

Will the ANA format be similar to (i.e. copied from) NGCs? It sounded as though that was then plan.

ANA wants their first competition in Aug 2021.  Is this enough time given the problems the contract developers have had to meet deadlines?

Hello, BlakeEik.

Thanks for the interest. The ANA format will be similar, yes, and they will coexist. We will post more information as it becomes available; it is still in the development stages. The programming team is quite skilled and is working on the new format now.

Wow why was this rolled out and announced when the system so unfinished and there are no answers to the questions.  This is not directed at you @Ali E. but it would have been better if this announcement had waited until the development was far enough along that a sample of what the new ANA registry will look like could be provided, and information was available to not have so many unanswered questions.

7 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

An admin going by KStouch was nice enough to respond to my wild-*** guessing in the other thread they started about the announcement in the US, World, and Ancient forum. 

From what he's saying, it sounds like it'll run off the same database or be closely linked to the existing NGC registry database, so the NGC registry isn't going anywhere. Also, it sounds like, while the UI and presentation will be different, there will be a lot of shared *guts* / the underlying system will have a lot in common when it's all done, which sounds like it's going to be really good for us here because it sounds like it's going to make them double down and invest more into getting things running here and there and they'll be getting a 2-for-1 punch on some of those development efforts.

I was really nervous when I saw this announcement yesterday but now I'm actually feeling good about it. :D 

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

Wow why was this rolled out and announced when the system so unfinished and there are no answers to the questions.  This is not directed at you @Ali E. but it would have been better if this announcement had waited until the development was far enough along that a sample of what the new ANA registry will look like could be provided, and information was available to not have so many unanswered questions.

This is a HUGE win for NGC in a lot of ways. I can't really blame them for being eager to brag on it some, but it does feel a little like a teaser trailer for a movie coming out in a year / year-and-a-half..

11 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

@Revenant Agree! They must be confident about it to broadcast this far in advance. 

Yeah. I'm sure they are. Based on what KSTouch said I'd say they have reasons to be confident. But I'll refrain from further speculation for now. I'm just happy that this place is staying too. :)