• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 lincoln july 20. I dony know what this is.

9 posts in this topic

A counterstamped cent to commemorate the first man on the moon on July 20th, 1969. This was one of those events in my life where I remember where I was when I watched it on TV. 

2 minutes ago, tejas1836 said:

A counterstamped cent to commemorate the first man on the moon on July 20th, 1969. This was one of those events in my life where I remember where I was when I watched it on TV. 

that's pretty neat. I found it in one of my grandads penny books. he was a pilot in the marine corps during ww2. and also worked for nasa. he died 5 months ago. left his coin collection to me. He never let me even look at them when I was a kid. Im finally able to touch his stuff. 

I was in Greeley, CO. On the day "the Eagle has landed", we were driving up Big Thompson to see Rocky Mtn Natl Park. We were listening to NASA on the car radio. During the final approach, we pulled off to the side of the road and stopped to listen. Literally every other car on the road did the same. We watched the first step on TV later that night, and went outside to look up at the moon. Holy expletive, there's people up there! Cool memories, thanks for posting your grandpa's coin.

1 hour ago, kbbpll said:

I was in Greeley, CO. On the day "the Eagle has landed", we were driving up Big Thompson to see Rocky Mtn Natl Park. We were listening to NASA on the car radio. During the final approach, we pulled off to the side of the road and stopped to listen. Literally every other car on the road did the same. We watched the first step on TV later that night, and went outside to look up at the moon. Holy expletive, there's people up there! Cool memories, thanks for posting your grandpa's coin.

Thank you. He was a very special, surprising, amazing man’s man. Don’t think I’ll ever meet a more interesting person in my life.

On 1/24/2020 at 6:36 PM, tejas1836 said:

I think the whole world was in front of a T-V at the same moment watching that landing!! :)