• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Silver Eagle variety slots?
2 2

4 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Thank you for your interest in the NGC Registry. As is the practice every year, our team adds variety slots in the Eagles variety sets according to population and mintage. We will add the variety slots in the coming weeks, as more 2020 SE are graded. Meanwhile, they will all be eligible in a 2020 slot. Thank you.

I was adding a coin to my Silver Eagle Registry set and noticed I now have two empty slots for 2018. One for the 2018 ANA Show and the other for the 2018 Fun Show.  Don’t you think it’s a little unfair to create slots like that two years after an event like that?  The populations for these type releases are low anyways but two years later really increases the difficulty of finding said coin.  I checked on eBay just to start, there are some ANA’s but the Fun Show, nothing, nada, zip.

Edited by JDrakeA

• Administrator
On 2/8/2020 at 5:02 PM, JDrakeA said:

I was adding a coin to my Silver Eagle Registry set and noticed I now have two empty slots for 2018. One for the 2018 ANA Show and the other for the 2018 Fun Show.  Don’t you think it’s a little unfair to create slots like that two years after an event like that?  The populations for these type releases are low anyways but two years later really increases the difficulty of finding said coin.  I checked on eBay just to start, there are some ANA’s but the Fun Show, nothing, nada, zip.

Thanks for the interest.

Slot additions are carefully considered on a case-by-case basis. Once we have a population of a Silver Eagle variety, we do then add a slot to the Pedigree set.