• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1988 D copper penny

14 posts in this topic

Hello to all.well I came across this Lincoln cent,now it's not the best looking coin to one's eyes.yet! I found it to be rare ,a 1988 D copper penny weight of 3.1. which has been struck over another coin.so if you focus on the date,which seems to be damaged when was minted.you will see that there are four 8's in the stamp.so hopefully the pictures is clear that you may see what I mean.turn it sideways and upside down.no matter what it still comes to 1988 D copper penny. so maybe you guys can help me out here :) replies and viewing is appreciated.so thank you all. oh lol i gave it the name Lincoln the all seeing , with all the extra eyes in his hair and face lolIMG_20200121_064032385.thumb.jpg.007429d8b1fac29bfc2de1986c69d93a.jpgWIMG_20200121_064032385.thumb.jpg.007429d8b1fac29bfc2de1986c69d93a.jpg

IMG_20200121_064317920.jpg

Edited by Funcoins

I wasn't going to say anything to you,however it's like nothing changes with some of you.lol so again thanks for your reply,still your words holds no weight when facts are in front of you.so yes it's a damaged coin as I said myself.lol where did the damage come from? Oh let me guess,its a parking lot coin . lmao your funny .I do hope we get the chance to bump head at a show :). enjoy your day

Listen to this ! If you are a good coin grader as you say.then you would see on the right of the D mint mark.you will see 1988 faintly off the bottom of Lincoln coat.i shouldn't even have to say anything you are a great coin grader lol.i never left ! Just been sitting back watching what's going on.lol an as I said some things just don't change.lol

One can say that! Yet if you that unfocused that those are 8's 1980 1982.n ow that was very crazy to say that;)! I repeat a 2 will never be mangled to a form not 4 but six 8 in a trail lol.nore will a zero will look like a 8 .so yeah maybe if you had it in your own hands than just maybe you wouldn't made a statement of such . anyway I do appreciate your reply;)

3 hours ago, kbbpll said:

It's copper because it's a 1980 or 1982 and the last digit is just horribly mangled.

You may not want to waste your time. This guy is a troll who was here before, and is back under an alt. He seems to think that the mint is involved in some kind of conspiracy to reuse old coins, including foreign coins and ancients, by sending them back through the press, and minting a new design on top of the old one. This, apparently, leaves all sorts of letters, numbers, and other symbols showing through the new design. Not only does he not listen to anyone, he ridicules everyone who does not agree with him.

So then yet another acid freak has taken up collecting damaged coins and imagining things about them?

5 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

So then yet another acid freak has taken up collecting damaged coins and imagining things about them?

No, it's one of our frequent flyers under a new username.

"extra eyes in his hair and face"????

Gotta be "acid". Nothing else compares for these kinds of hallucinations. What disturbs me is people with hallucinations like this are allowed to vote.

Edited by VKurtB