2007 penny
1 1

15 posts in this topic

1,597 posts

Can't really tell from the photos. It could be an interior die crack or a scratch that has misplaced the metal.

Clear focused photos are a must to be able to see the details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,775 posts
40 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

 

Clear focused photos are a must to be able to see the details.

This can not be stressed enough. If we can't see them, we can't evaluate, attribute, or grade them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347 posts
54 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Can't really tell from the photos. It could be an interior die crack or a scratch that has misplaced the metal.

Clear focused photos are a must to be able to see the details.

I will get a better pic in just a few mins.a clear one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347 posts
16 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Just asking: Do your photos look okay to you?

Better pics. Any thoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347 posts
15 hours ago, Just Bob said:

This can not be stressed enough. If we can't see them, we can't evaluate, attribute, or grade them

Better pics above, thoughts or comments?

Edited by Tridmn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347 posts

Actually whole chin bone area. Noticed when I took better pics. Look close. You will see what I see hopefully 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817 posts
7 hours ago, Tridmn said:

Actually whole chin bone area. Noticed when I took better pics. Look close. You will see what I see hopefully 

I see it but it is not significant. I looked at my album coins and some 2x2 coins from 2007 and they are all similar. The various versions of "relief" in Zincolns over the years led to some pretty odd-looking depth details, kind of like the "spaghetti hair" quarters of 1992-1998.

 

I've said this repeatedly, and I'll say it again. "Different" is not necessarily "important".

Edited by VKurtB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347 posts
On 1/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, VKurtB said:

I see it but it is not significant. I looked at my album coins and some 2x2 coins from 2007 and they are all similar. The various versions of "relief" in Zincolns over the years led to some pretty odd-looking depth details, kind of like the "spaghetti hair" quarters of 1992-1998.

 

I've said this repeatedly, and I'll say it again. "Different" is not necessarily "important".

Well sir, it may not be important to you. However, since this my first time seeing this then it is to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554 posts
On 1/18/2020 at 10:54 PM, Tridmn said:

Well sir, it may not be important to you. However, since this my first time seeing this then it is to me.

In your opening post,  you asked for thoughts and comments. The replies you get may or may not align with your thoughts on any coin you post.

Edited by tejas1836

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347 posts
On 1/19/2020 at 7:02 AM, tejas1836 said:

In your opening post,  you asked for thoughts and comments. The replies you get may or may not align with your thoughts on any coin you post.

Understood. I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me. Just stating I've never seen it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669 posts
On 1/16/2020 at 11:15 AM, Greenstang said:

From the latest photo, it looks like it could be a linear plating bubble. 

That was my thought too. It appears to be consistent going from the lips out into the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1