• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2007 penny

15 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Clear focused photos are a must to be able to see the details.

This can not be stressed enough. If we can't see them, we can't evaluate, attribute, or grade them

54 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Can't really tell from the photos. It could be an interior die crack or a scratch that has misplaced the metal.

Clear focused photos are a must to be able to see the details.

I will get a better pic in just a few mins.a clear one.

15 hours ago, Just Bob said:

This can not be stressed enough. If we can't see them, we can't evaluate, attribute, or grade them

Better pics above, thoughts or comments?

Edited by Tridmn

7 hours ago, Tridmn said:

Actually whole chin bone area. Noticed when I took better pics. Look close. You will see what I see hopefully 

I see it but it is not significant. I looked at my album coins and some 2x2 coins from 2007 and they are all similar. The various versions of "relief" in Zincolns over the years led to some pretty odd-looking depth details, kind of like the "spaghetti hair" quarters of 1992-1998.

I've said this repeatedly, and I'll say it again. "Different" is not necessarily "important".

Edited by VKurtB

On 1/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, VKurtB said:

I see it but it is not significant. I looked at my album coins and some 2x2 coins from 2007 and they are all similar. The various versions of "relief" in Zincolns over the years led to some pretty odd-looking depth details, kind of like the "spaghetti hair" quarters of 1992-1998.

I've said this repeatedly, and I'll say it again. "Different" is not necessarily "important".

Well sir, it may not be important to you. However, since this my first time seeing this then it is to me.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:54 PM, Tridmn said:

Well sir, it may not be important to you. However, since this my first time seeing this then it is to me.

In your opening post,  you asked for thoughts and comments. The replies you get may or may not align with your thoughts on any coin you post.

Edited by tejas1836

On 1/19/2020 at 7:02 AM, tejas1836 said:

In your opening post,  you asked for thoughts and comments. The replies you get may or may not align with your thoughts on any coin you post.

Understood. I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me. Just stating I've never seen it before.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:15 AM, Greenstang said:

From the latest photo, it looks like it could be a linear plating bubble. 

That was my thought too. It appears to be consistent going from the lips out into the field.