• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

***When will my PCGS coins be approved?***
2 2

15 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Due to the annual awards freeze and the holidays, there is a current backlog of requests. We process requests in the order they are received.   We are currently working on coins that were added on 12/29/19. You will receive an email from us when your coins have been approved. Thank you for your patience.

1) Log in to your account on NGCcoin.com.

2) Click My Registry Profile:

My Registry Profile w arrow.JPG

3) Click My Competitive Coins:

My Comp. Coins w arrow.JPG

4) Click See Pending Adds:

See Pending Adds.JPG

We process all requests in the order they are received. Thank you.

Edited by Ali E.

Ok, dumb question time.   I just submitted my first PCGS slabbed coin for my registry set.  I've never entered one before as I couldn't since I've been here.  I noticed the field for entering the slab number would not take the entire number so I just entered the last set of numbers after the decimal point.  Did I enter it correctly?  I haven't seen this info posted anywhere.    Submitted Dec. 26th and still waiting.    Not a big deal but I'm curious if I did it right or if it will get rejected.

• Administrator
On 12/28/2019 at 8:20 PM, Vess1 said:

Ok, dumb question time.   I just submitted my first PCGS slabbed coin for my registry set.  I've never entered one before as I couldn't since I've been here.  I noticed the field for entering the slab number would not take the entire number so I just entered the last set of numbers after the decimal point.  Did I enter it correctly?  I haven't seen this info posted anywhere.    Submitted Dec. 26th and still waiting.    Not a big deal but I'm curious if I did it right or if it will get rejected.

Hello.

Thanks for the interest. Please see these links below:

How do I add my PCGS coin?

When will my PCGS coin be approved?

Do you know roughly what the current backlog is?  I submitted a number of PCGS coins about a week ago, and am just wanting to know if I should be waiting days, weeks, or months for the backlog to clear.

Edited by MB1973

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, MB1973 said:

Do you know roughly what the current backlog is?  I submitted a number of PCGS coins about a week ago, and am just wanting to know if I should be waiting days, weeks, or months for the backlog to clear.

Thank you for the interest.

With the holidays and the initial large number of pending adds, it may take about a week or two for approvals to clear. Please click here:

• Administrator
18 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

I heard if anyone asks they get moved to the bottom of the queue...

:bump:

We process all requests in the order they are received. (:

This is a bit late as this is an old post however I’ve noticed recently that my Australian Wedge Tail Eagle set which starter out as PCGS grades which started in 2014 and later ended with NGC finishing out the final years of this awesome coin.
I have all the Wedge Tails and all are signed by Mercanti but all the early years in (PCGS 70 form) are not being displayed?

I’ve applied these coins several times with their respected # along with photos of each (Obv. & Rev.)  yet only the later years of NGC graded ones are being shown in my inventory (SET). The PCGS graded Wedge-Tails are not being displayed????

No idea why PCGS stopped grading these…{{shrugs}}. 
Love the set-up of NGC’s App. -vs- PCGS’s as PCGS only displays only their own. 

Keep up the fantastic work

Sincerely, 

Numismatic Newbie 

JTD

• Administrator

Hello and thanks for your interest.

As of 2012, PCGS World coins are not eligible for the NGC Registry. Only PCGS US coins are eligible.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:55 AM, Crruisercharlie said:

Why are pcgs allowed at all? Why can't they just go to the pcgs registry?

Because NGC is collector friendly and recognizes that not every collector is a kool-aid chugging fool like the PCGS only registry.    I buy coins not plastic, if I like a coin and that coin is in an NGC holder great I'll buy it, PCGS holder, great I'm a buyer, ICG, ANACS, whatever the plastic is not the goal.   That NGC allows both brands of plastic is a good thing and why I have over 70 registry sets here and just a couple of incomplete sets on the PCGS site.

On 6/28/2022 at 3:30 PM, Coinbuf said:

Because NGC is collector friendly and recognizes that not every collector is a kool-aid chugging fool like the PCGS only registry.    I buy coins not plastic, if I like a coin and that coin is in an NGC holder great I'll buy it, PCGS holder, great I'm a buyer, ICG, ANACS, whatever the plastic is not the goal.   That NGC allows both brands of plastic is a good thing and why I have over 70 registry sets here and just a couple of incomplete sets on the PCGS site.

Isn't that nice - maybe I'm too much of a purist. I have a few sets (and #1's) in this registry also. I have maybe 5 pcgs coins. I came to the ngc registry because I think their grading is more accurate  Also I found (sadly) that generally pcgs resale prices are lower. I have NO coins in the pcgs registry.

On 6/30/2022 at 2:06 PM, Crruisercharlie said:

Isn't that nice - maybe I'm too much of a purist. I have a few sets (and #1's) in this registry also. I have maybe 5 pcgs coins. I came to the ngc registry because I think their grading is more accurate

Yes I agree that it is very nice that NGC is thinking collector first rather than exclusion first.

On 6/30/2022 at 2:06 PM, Crruisercharlie said:

Also I found (sadly) that generally pcgs resale prices are lower. I have NO coins in the pcgs registry.

Perhaps this is true in some limited situations, say world coins and a few US coin outliers.   But in the overall US coin market PCGS coins more often than not sell for more than NGC, like it or not that is the reality of the market.   Personally this works in my favor many times, one example.   I spent over a year looking for a nice 1940-S Lincoln in MS67+, I had the opportunity to purchase a couple of PCGS graded CAC approved examples but at prices near or over 1K.   I was patient and eventually was able to find and purchase my NGC example for less than half those PCGS graded examples and then sent to CAC where it was approved.