• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 D/D Roosevelt Dime with CONECA: RPM-002
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I have a very nice 1964 D/D dime with the CONECA: RPM-002. It is an early die state coin with all the markers listed by CONECA for this variety.

My question is. While this variety is yet to be recognized by CherryPickers, is it eligible for inclusion for attribution by NGC? I have had several other coins that were not in the CherryPickers guide that were attributed and included in the Variety Plus listings. The most notably being a 1964 D/D Jefferson nickel with the CONECA: RPM-001. Additionally, Dr. James Wiles has inspected this1964 D/D Jefferson nickel as attributed and graded by NGC and said he will recommend it be included in the next CherryPickers update. As it stands, that nickel is the only known and attributed 1964 D/D Jefferson with the CONECA RPM-001.

Therefore, is it possible to get a read on this dime before I send it in?

Thank You

MTinis

RPM-002.jpg

Edited by MTinis

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That's a variety NGC will add to its list when an example is submitted. It will be assigned a VP (VarietyPlus) number, though the CONECA number will be listed as a cross reference.

Well, I just noticed that my coin was not attributed with the CONECA RPM-002 even though it clearly has the RPM and the all the markers for that variety. I attached a screen shot of the coin in it's holder for your viewing (Certification Number 5844714-001).

So, why wasn't my coin given with the attribution and how can I get the attribution added to the label?

Thank You

MTinis

Screenshot_2020-01-23 Verify NGC Certification NGC.png

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It's a very slight RPM that's easily missed---not an excuse, but an explanation. Unfortunately, the submission has already shipped.

Include it with your next submission, and we will fix it at no charge. Be certain to state clearly on the submission form that it's this variety.

Thank You for the quick response. I will resubmit for attribution after the coin returns. I checked my original submission form and the request for the CONECA RPM-002 is on the form. I did the original submission at the FUN show just to be sure that I had everything correct on the form. Therefore, when I resubmit should I mark the submission to your attention?

Thanks Again

MTinis

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to let you know that my coin is on it's way back. I realize that your graders must look at hundreds if not thousands of coins a day and so some varieties might slip through. If it would be of any assistance I attached a screen shot of this variety from the Variety Vista web site. As I mentioned earlier I used this site's information for my belief that this coin does have the requested RPM.

Thanks Again

Milt

Screenshot_2020-01-29 1964-D RPM-002.png