• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

???Show And Tell???
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I started my collection by getting all the proof and mint sets of my life time. Now that has been expanded to include all the silver proof sets and silver eagles along with a few circulated coins going into books.  I learn more everyday and the people help a lot in my undwestanding of coins.  By the way your dinner looks great too. 

Great idea. My son got these in an old piggy bank. 1959 d one cent, 1964 d one cent definitely ddo, 1971 p (no mint mark) one cent ddo, ddr, and a 1988 d one cent ddo and mad. All are amazing in color and error. They where awesome to come across with my 5 year old.

15773319805425615609888917573906.jpg

15773320611154698585592767968070.jpg

@Rummy13 you Sir do not sound like a Newbie to me and could probably help the others out more than they can help you. Sounds like you have one heck of a collection going. I am envious.

@Frank dabank those are some mighty nice Lincoln's you found. I rare find anything nice and red in circulation. Occasionally yes. Never 4 at once. Also an FYI here: the only year Philadelphia put a Mint Mark on their Cent Coins was 2017, so any penny minted at that facility for any year other than 2017 will not have a MM at all. Denver, San Fran, and West Point will always have their mark, with the exception of just 1 or 2 years for SF and WP. I do not know those years off the top of my head but I think it's 1996 for WP and were for Lincoln's made...no, no, no. That was Dimes struck for Roosevelt's Bday or something. So see how easily I can get mixed up? Lol! Anyways these soecial no MM coins are supposedly big secrets of the Mint and are sometimes hard to find info on. I'm sure someone here in the Forum knows which years for which Mint facility. 

Thank you @KarenHolcomb, I wish I had 1/4 the knowledge that some of the others have.  My collect is modern coinage although I do save some of the early 1900s when I find them. I don't look for mint mistakes but I do a a few just because I found them. This last year has been by far the best year for my collection. Added some 2019 W Quarters, was lucky and got the Reverse Enhanced s Silver Eagle, and got the 2008/2007back Silver eagle. I love to collect coins and learn so much from the people here. I would down load some pics but the pics I have are to big and I have to have some one send one of their kids over to show me how to down size them.

@Rummy13 about the photos being too big, I have found that if it says too big if I only do 1 at a time they will go through, although I have had to upload one and submit and then do the next as a comment and again and again 

Thanks @Mk123. I am super stoked to have the 3 Lincoln's and the Silver set. 99.9% now so being relatively new at this I really wanted that 1st year. 

@KarenHolcomb Cents are their low mintage 467213 for the proof one, 281836 for the unc one and 332334 for the one that came with the 99% silver set.  So Our grand kids could have good coins there.

Edited by Rummy13
wrong number

21 hours ago, Rummy13 said:

@KarenHolcomb Cents are their low mintage 467213 for the proof one, 281836 for the unc one and 332334 for the one that came with the 99% silver set.  So Our grand kids could have good coins there.

We must think alike. I too am saving these Coins for my GrandDaughter. Hopefully they will help her to gain a higher education in a few more years.

2 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

We must think alike. I too am saving these Coins for my GrandDaughter. Hopefully they will help her to gain a higher education in a few more years.

Say it's not so. you don't look old enough to have a grand daughter.  I started my coin collection by getting all the proof sets and then the mint sets of my life time' you could get her a set every year and then she is old like me she would have a larger collection.