• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Counterfeit $5 Gold Indians

5 posts in this topic

Keep perpetual Inventory records on each of my coins. In 2017 I purchased 2 $5 Indian Gold coins that PCGS graded as counterfeit. When I called Great Southern Coins the owner went off at me with numerous expletives in a rant and rave. Since you have only 30 days to seek a refund, he told me to pound salt. "WE DON"T SELL COUNTERFEIT COINS". My attorney has the recording and the nasty email from the owner.

"WE DON"T SELL COUNTERFEIT COINS".

Then Great Southern Coins lie. I know for a fact that they have sold or tried to sell counterfeit coins in the past. They have been reported to eBay and have had listings removed for being counterfeit and reposted them.  Here are photos of only one instance when they tried to sell a counterfeit 1877 Indian Head that was deleted and reposted. The text is from an Indian Head Collector who first reported it and his reply to someone who said maybe they didn't know. This is all the info I can find for now. Don't know if eBay keep track of what listings they have removed or not.

Absolute forgery. Already reported.
And in regards to GSC not selling fakes intentionally, that is false. They absolutely knowingly sell them, as they have repeatedly reposted counterfeits that have been taken down. And considering they have an eBay handler who informs them of their problematic listings. they are reposted with willful intent.

1877 Indian Head.jpg

Edited by Greenstang