• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS from VDB Coins: 1918/7-D Buffalo Nickel, VF Details PCGS w/Trueview $2475

2 posts in this topic

giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

1918/7-D Buffalo Nickel, VF Details PCGS, Great Key Overdate! PCGS thinks that a spot has been removed on this coin. While it does have some minor surface problems, it is far finer than most seen in the marketplace, usually in Good or Very Good condition where the overdate is virtually indecipherable. (Note that the slightly backward-tilting mintmark is also a diagnostic and a helpful counterfeit authenticator!) This piece offers VF30 Details, in our opinion, and poses a great opportunity to fill that slot in your set that has gone empty for so long. A straight-graded VF30 would be a $5,000 coin, give or take, and this one is so close! Note that this is a coin where the PCGS Trueview does it no justice, as the actual coin is nicer than the photo. Our own shots are more true-to-life.

$2475 OBO. Regular PayPal is fine, no upcharge. Free shipping via Registered Mail. Free 7-day return from your receipt, but at your expense. Thanks and kind regards,

George

k1x38j39kecs.jpg
q3nb1dchhpvq.jpg
6sztid5b8dj3.jpg

I have a 1913 type one buffalo nickel the 3 and one half legger that pcgs said had a spot removed and it does not look like that to me.  I think they might be referring to an area above the date.  Here is the pic.  

s-l1600.1913.legs.jpg