• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Registry-PCGS coins accepted into US competitive sets!
5 5

131 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2019 at 2:20 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

Y'all are announcing this like it is some major upgrade or new feature. 

How about you acknowledge that this is reversing a wildly unpopular decision made a few years ago? A decision which turned many people off your brand, and saw your business hurt as a result of the negative publicity? 

How about an apology to all of the collectors insulted and betrayed by this bad decision? 

Do you think our memories are so short? 

(this isn't direct at you, Ali, you've always been very helpful - this is directed at the owners and bosses of NGC, and especially the one who wrote a lengthy opinion piece to try and justify his decision even after all of the negative feedback)

I agree 100% that sucks by allowing PCGS. I thought I joined NGC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to add a PCGS graded $3 to this set https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/public_sets.aspx?CategoryID=9&SetTypeID=160&Ranking=all , but the system seems to only allow NGC and NCS graded coins. Am I looking at the wrong screen or doing something wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 5.30.38 PM.png

Edited by CSdot

• Administrator
15 hours ago, CSdot said:

I am trying to add a PCGS graded $3 to this set https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/public_sets.aspx?CategoryID=9&SetTypeID=160&Ranking=all , but the system seems to only allow NGC and NCS graded coins. Am I looking at the wrong screen or doing something wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 5.30.38 PM.png

Hello. You need to go to NGCcoin.com to add your coin here: https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/. Thank you.

I suspect that NGC's re-enabling of PCGS graded coins back into its system and NGC's dramatically improved collection system software enhancements has likely brought MANY collectors back or to NGC. 

Personally, as an owner of coins from both grading services (as I'm sure most people are) I was disgusted that I had to be caught between two seemingly warring grading services which forced collectors like me, who had coins from both grading services, to have, at all times, two partially listed registry sets, neither of which could ever be complete.  

However, NGC finally  restored the joint NGC/PCGS listing service and, for that reason, I have "one complete set" of my listed coins. This has caused me to drift away from PCGS and return to buying more NGC graded coins again. Moreover, I am now free to buy the best coin, not just a holder that will be listed toward completion of my collection. Clearly, NGS wins this battle and maybe in the long run the war.  NGC's decision to add allow PCGS coins to be listed was a wise one. It gives NGC the appearance of being focused on the betterment of both the individual collector and the hobby. In the long run, that strategy will drive interest and people to NGS's website, increase advertising revenue, and create more profits.  Smart move all the way around. 

image.thumb.png.da60346879913f6d63846a870463bb73.png

These coins should be allowing in the Basic US Type Set No Gold (7070) but are not in the list - though they are in the Set: Basic US Type Set with Gold (7070+Page 5).  Please allow these coins to be add to the:  Basic US Type Set No Gold (7070)

30 minutes ago, CC Angler said:

image.thumb.png.da60346879913f6d63846a870463bb73.png

These coins should be allowing in the Basic US Type Set No Gold (7070) but are not in the list - though they are in the Set: Basic US Type Set with Gold (7070+Page 5).  Please allow these coins to be add to the:  Basic US Type Set No Gold (7070)

Hello, 

We will email you directions on how to add your coins to the set. Thank you.

Hello:

Yesterday, I added PCGS 85766122 2017 W SP70 for placement into the 2017 W Burnished Denver ANA spot 126. I also added PCGS 85766531 2017 W PF Denver ANA for inclusion into the  129 spot.

Attached are photos from another registry set with these included in exactly the spots I mentioned.

How do I get the moved into the right spots?

Thank you,

Paul Weikle 1213142624_ScreenShot2021-03-11at8_05_41PM.thumb.png.528b8bd4b28a95a7ac9226060be15c12.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 8.06.03 PM.png

• Administrator
16 hours ago, pweikle said:

Hello:

Yesterday, I added PCGS 85766122 2017 W SP70 for placement into the 2017 W Burnished Denver ANA spot 126. I also added PCGS 85766531 2017 W PF Denver ANA for inclusion into the  129 spot.

Attached are photos from another registry set with these included in exactly the spots I mentioned.

How do I get the moved into the right spots?

Thank you,

Paul Weikle 

Hello, Paul. If a collector uploads photos of his or her coins, they are proprietary. You will need to upload your own photos. Here are some helpful links. Thank you. 

Good morning Ali:

I do understand that I must supply pictures and have taken quite a few for my sets. Thank you.

I must not have been clear in my discussion of this issue. The two coins above should be qualified for the 2017 W Burnished Denver ANA releases and the 2017 W Proof Denver ANA releases. The photographs show where some else has the same coins included in their registry sets.

How to I get these coins qualified for these spots? 

Thank you,

Paul

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, pweikle said:

Good morning Ali:

I do understand that I must supply pictures and have taken quite a few for my sets. Thank you.

I must not have been clear in my discussion of this issue. The two coins above should be qualified for the 2017 W Burnished Denver ANA releases and the 2017 W Proof Denver ANA releases. The photographs show where some else has the same coins included in their registry sets.

How to I get these coins qualified for these spots? 

Thank you,

Paul

Hi, Paul.

So, you are saying that these coins of yours are not qualifying for the correct slots. We will get that taken care of. Thanks very much.