• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Specimen Questions

7 posts in this topic

I've been comparing Heritage Auction photos of 1964 SMS coins during comparison I noticed that my coins have the same die markers I do not have an expensive camera nor USB micro but in hand and while viewing with my 8x loupe it appears that its possible that my coins are also SMS? Thoughtss

20191211_222323.jpg

Just now, Mason254 said:

I've been comparing Heritage Auction photos of 1964 SMS coins during comparison I noticed that my coins have the same die markers I do not have an expensive camera nor USB micro but in hand and while viewing with my 8x loupe it appears that its possible that my coins are also SMS? Thoughtss

20191211_222323.jpg

20191211_222443.jpg

10 hours ago, DWLange said:

That determination cannot be made without examining the coins in hand.

Thank you for the response! I would like to send them in however it would be my first time submitting a coin for grading and authentication any recommendations on the proper procedures regarding would definitely be helpful and appreciated!Thanks 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

You have to decide what value to place on the coins, and that will determine the grading tier. Coin dated 1955 and later may be submitted under the Modern Tier, which has a value limit of $2000 per coin. The fee is $17.

If you believe your coins are Specimen (SP) strikes, then clearly state that on the submission form. It then will be up to the graders to either agree or change them to MS.