• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

system down
1 1

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator
3 hours ago, エジプトの歴史 said:

your system is down for 2 days now, how come?  NGC is a multimillion dollar company, you should hire a responsable software engineers, what a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, エジプトの歴史.

Our IT team is working diligently to restore service. Thank you for your patience.

Why is the NGC technology department so incompetent? The forum software has sucked since you converted to the new website a couple years ago - with zero hope for improvement or correction. The "New" registry you've been talking about for years is half-assed and barely featured - so much so that we've got a "new" and an old registry operating side-by-side. Many standard features of the old registry just can't quite make it into the new one, and there is no improvement to functionality in the new one. I've been waiting for the promised improvements... but all you've done is remove the ability to add PCGS coins to the registry. Great improvement, guys! The "new" registry isn't even promised for the custom sets - and this thing has been "out" for well over a year now! The submission tracker is intermittent. Spam-bots roam wild throughout the forums. 

Seriously, why does NGC have so many problems? It makes it really hard to recommend someone use the NGC platform, or come to the NGC forums, if the technology is straight out of 1992.

Fire your entire IT staff, hire a new firm, and fix these problems. It is yet one more black eye on NGC, and you've already got more than enough. 

9 hours ago, エジプトの歴史 said:

your system is down for 2 days now, how come?  NGC is a multimillion dollar company, you should hire a responsable software engineers, what a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The company I work for does about $6 Million in annual revenue. We have 1 software engineer that works on both Software and product (hardware / firmware) development. He's been with the company about 30+ years and I suspect he'll either retire soon or die on the job. Our IT is subcontracted to a company that specializes in it. 

My point - NGC is a coin grading company. The Registry and IT is a cost - marketing, not a revenue stream. It might get lower budgets than you might think.

Be patient - everyone working here is working so that we can have fun and they don't charge for it - membership here is free.

20 hours ago, kbbpll said:

"Certified Collectibles Group Files Lawsuit Alleging Tens of Millions of Dollars in Damages Caused by Failures of Software Consulting Firm Globant S.A. and its US Subsidiary"

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190808005907/en/Certified-Collectibles-Group-Files-Lawsuit-Alleging-Tens

Whoa! that does seem to explain some things. 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, kbbpll said:

Perhaps a bit off the mark there.

"Certified Collectibles Group Files Lawsuit Alleging Tens of Millions of Dollars in Damages Caused by Failures of Software Consulting Firm Globant S.A. and its US Subsidiary"

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190808005907/en/Certified-Collectibles-Group-Files-Lawsuit-Alleging-Tens

Whoa!  Sounds pretty crazy...and makes a few things make more sense.  I still hope for the day my custom set gets an upgraded appearance.

Edited by Star City Homer