• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

User Recommend Website Improvements
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I recommend that a "Rules Page" be posted that explains the rules of the registry that does not require users to read through all of the forum comments to discover what they are.  There are lots of people in the registry that do not read the forums.

Edited by BlakeEik

I recommend that the "Private" checkbox be hidden so people do not check it by accident.  If they do check it, there should be a confirmation dialog that warns a user that if they check it, they will be disqualified from the awards competition.

This actually happened to me when I updated my set description. When I hit save I noticed something was different.  I immediately clicked the edit button again, and saw the "Private" box was checked.   I immediately unchecked it and saved it again. It was private (i.e. obscured) for a total of 7 seconds.

In my case, I was lucky because I pleaded to the admins and they were very gracious and fair to make an exception for my set. Thank you admins!  But the point is, this kind of mistake can be prevented if there was a clear warning that requires user confirmation to change the private status.

I was a fan of the set graphic being shown with the set title and description on the pages that displayed multiple sets.  It made it easy to find different sets by looking for the picture, since many of the titles are similar.  If it were possible, an option to show/hide the set graphic would be very nice on these pages!

There is a flaw with the forums editor. When you try to edit your own post on any forum using a smart phone, there is no save button so you cannot make an update to your post. There is a save button when you use a browser on a desktop computer. 

• Administrator

Thank you for the feedback! These are all great suggestions and will be considered in the future development of the site. In fact your suggestion about the Private checkbox is already on our to do list. Stay tuned.

This idea may not be easy to implement, but it would be nice... 

I find it difficult to find new sets worth looking at (competitive or custom). It would be great to have on a single page links to sets across categories, such as “all best set winners 2019”, “all best classic set winners”, “most popular sets”, etc.  I’m sure I there are sets out there I’d like to look at, but I do not want to have to click on 1000 categories to find them.