• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Octo pic

7 posts in this topic

Lower right is a 1976 20 drachmai from Greece. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces563.html

Numista could probably help you identify a lot of the rest. Next one up on the right is a 2 drachmai. Next one up is 20 lira from Italy. New Zealand, UAE and Jamaica are obvious. World coins such as these are fun to look at but there's hardly ever anything of value.

1 hour ago, kbbpll said:

Lower right is a 1976 20 drachmai from Greece. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces563.html

Numista could probably help you identify a lot of the rest. Next one up on the right is a 2 drachmai. Next one up is 20 lira from Italy. New Zealand, UAE and Jamaica are obvious. World coins such as these are fun to look at but there's hardly ever anything of value.

They are great to look at and searching for some of them and just holding them is great for me

Like kbbpll said, Numista. If you collect world coins, start there. 

The other two not yet identified are:

Egypt, 10 milliemes, 1362 (1943) at bottom

Jordan, 5 fils/ 1/2 qirsh, 1398 (1978) at top left

The UAE dirham is 1409 (1989) to help out just a bit more.

11 hours ago, Tridmn said:

They are great to look at and searching for some of them and just holding them is great for me

I agree. My grandfather gave me a bunch of world coins mostly from the 1940s era. I must have 50 different countries. It's fun to see all the different sizes, shapes, materials, themes. Grandpa was hooked up with people all over the world who mailed him coins, or from journalists returning (he was librarian at the Chicago Tribune).