• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large or Small

4 posts in this topic

This is going to be very interesting so...2 Large 1 Small or all Large? I've heard and have seen alot of contradictory things pertaining to the small date about the 2's,the 8's,sharp slim motto lettering  the mint mark and location the 9's their points and lengths and so forth so 2 Large&1Small or All Large?

20191122_212919.jpg

20191122_212946.jpg

Unfortunately those are large dates. On the small dates the 2 is much further from the rim, and the 8 more rounded than oval. The 2 also has a prominent curve in the small dates. You’ll find one just keep looking.

22 hours ago, Ratzie33 said:

Unfortunately those are large dates. On the small dates the 2 is much further from the rim, and the 8 more rounded than oval. The 2 also has a prominent curve in the small dates. You’ll find one just keep looking.

It has been in circulation so therefore that 2 could have taken a hit which why the prominent curve is not there!Also all the large dates have bold lettering the 1 out of the 3 shown here does not I've yet to see a large date with sharp lettering also the mint mark are located differently on the small date when compared to a large date & the 2 is not close to the edge as in a large date however I am not being argumentative about anyones opinion and I appreciate the responses and help because I'm still learning and new to numismatics but I love it&every challenge and possibilty it brings!