• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheat Penny 1957

14 posts in this topic

Found this wheat penny in a roll of coins while i was hunting for them .

What great condition this penny is in .

Wish it was a 1943 , 1922 , or a coin worth more value ...

Oh well was still nice to find a coin in such great condition maybe there will be more like this ..

20191120_073419.jpg

20191120_073433.jpg

2 hours ago, Robs-Coins said:

Found this wheat penny in a roll of coins while i was hunting for them .

What great condition this penny is in .

Wish it was a 1943 , 1922 , or a coin worth more value ...

Oh well was still nice to find a coin in such great condition maybe there will be more like this ..

20191120_073419.jpg

20191120_073433.jpg

I get nice Wheat Cents fairly regularly around central PA. There are literally thousands of old collections being broken up in this neck of the woods. It's why local coin auctions are so brimming with nice original material. Central PA (and parts of New England, I hear) are Ground Zero for nice coin finds.

2 hours ago, VKurtB said:

I get nice Wheat Cents fairly regularly around central PA. There are literally thousands of old collections being broken up in this neck of the woods. It's why local coin auctions are so brimming with nice original material. Central PA (and parts of New England, I hear) are Ground Zero for nice coin finds.

I did not know that , That makes me very happy . I think i will go and buy a few box's from a few different bank's and try some medal detecting work before the ground hardens for winter .

I just recently looked at the coin close up 5x mag looks like doubling in ( Liberty ) and ( In God We Trust ) I could be wrong . But does look different than most of the other weaties i have . Not sure if anyone has the ability to take a look at it 5x . But if so , can ya check it out for me  ?

Thanks Steve

DDO.jpg

Edited by Robs-Coins

On 11/20/2019 at 8:53 AM, VKurtB said:

It's why local coin auctions are so brimming with nice original material. Central PA (and parts of New England, I hear) are Ground Zero for nice coin finds

Careful....counterfeit coins run wild around there...especially the mormon country.....big dealer cast off's also...so many customers dissapointed when they show me...I have experienced some tough deals out there... peace...

5 hours ago, Just Bob said:

The pictures are a bit too fuzzy for me to be sure, but it looks like die deterioration to me. Not a doubled die, in my opinion.

I think your right , i also looked it up on other sites and googled some pictures . I guess 1957 was a year of die deterioration . But was a nice rush lol .

1 minute ago, Robs-Coins said:

I think your right , i also looked it up on other sites and googled some pictures . I guess 1957 was a year of die deterioration . But was a nice rush lol .

5 hours ago, Just Bob said:

The pictures are a bit too fuzzy for me to be sure, but it looks like die deterioration to me. Not a doubled die, in my opinion.

Do you think i should Submit this coin just cause of the condition or don't bother ?

9 minutes ago, Robs-Coins said:

Do you think i should Submit this coin just cause of the condition or don't bother ?

A 1957 wheatie, and most any other wheat cent after the early 30s, needs to grade MS67 in order to be worth the expense of having it graded. (and, even then, it may not be worth it monetarily, unless you are a registry participant). Your coin will not grade that high, in my opinion.

16 hours ago, Just Bob said:

A 1957 wheatie, and most any other wheat cent after the early 30s, needs to grade MS67 in order to be worth the expense of having it graded. (and, even then, it may not be worth it monetarily, unless you are a registry participant). Your coin will not grade that high, in my opinion.

Oh ok , thank you