• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I grade and encapsulate my American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin?

4 posts in this topic

I am a new guy, just got a American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin because all my friends arounds are talking that early this week.

I want to hold it for a long time, say 10+ or event 20+ years. I see some people comparing this with the 1995-W. And I also see people show their 1995-W with NGC or PCGS's encapsulation.

So should I do encapsulation now? Will grade and encapsulate increase its value in a long run or help to better keep it in a good shape?

Edited by Wangshen

Welcome to the forum.

If the coin were mine, and I intended to flip it quickly for profit, I would either sell now for the best offer, or submit it for grading and hope for a 70. I my intention was to hold it for 10+ years, If would probably hold on to it until the dust settles, and I could see what the market looks like for these coins. If the price drops substantially, it may not pay to encapsulate it.

Edited by Just Bob

If it were mine, and I don't pretend to be typical in this market for instant gratification, I would leave it as is, in the original government packaging. Why? Because I think all ASE slabbing borders on the ridiculous.