• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introducing: The Poe Collection of Moroccan Coinage

8 posts in this topic

Many of you are aware that I have been collecting the coins of Morocco for many years now. I've shown various pieces as I buy them, but I haven't shown nearly all of them. My collection has grown now to 71 coins, with plenty of room to expand. Thus, I thought it was time to create a Registry set for this collection. My goal, as always, is to present high quality pictures and interesting descriptions of each coin. However, for this set I am also telling a story through the coins - the French Conquest of Morocco. I begin in the early days, before European powers started to intervene in Morocco. I trace the growing French influence, describe how they finally took control of the country, and then I tell the story of Morocco's struggle for independence. 

I hope you enjoy reading about this, and looking at my set! I have enjoyed creating it. 

sig.jpg

This set obviously required significant resources to build. Excellent imagery and commentary for each. I looked up the Moroccan Star to see it is quite different than Star of David that while under French and Spanish rule the five points stood for different meaning. For very little I know about world coins I did notice that last coin (200 Francs I think) that you submitted under appearance review looks semi prooflike and reminds me of a similar '37 proof Walker I also submitted for review that came back same Pf 67 grade but with a clean fresh look I assume was also conserved. Also picked up your book on coin grading and couldn't agree more with your assessment on market grading !