Re Gradinhg a coin
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have come into possession of a coin which the previous owner broke out of the NGC slab, probably because it had an AU Details (Cleaned) grade.  I would prefer this coin to go back to being in a slab. Do I just submit it again as a new coin, or do I give a reference to the previous NGC ID and Grade? 

Also, I was told that NGC has a service that can improve the coin and remove the Details designation in some cases. Is this the case, and if so would that be possible to do for a "Cleaned" coin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Hi Alexbq2,

You will need to send this as a raw coin for grading.  Unfortunately, once a coin has been improperly cleaned it cannot be fixed by NCS Conservation.

Thank you,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1