• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1888 Indian head pennie

7 posts in this topic

It can't be a variety error, it has to be either a variety or an error, it can't t be both.

Not sure what your referring to, but if it is the dot beside the 8, that looks like a small diechip.

14 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

It can't be a variety error, it has to be either a variety or an error, it can't t be both.

Not sure what your referring to, but if it is the dot beside the 8, that looks like a small diechip.

I’m still trying to get past   Being coin stupid. I’m sorry for mixing them up  Looks like there might of been something going on at the top of the  last 2 eight

Your not being "coin stupid". This is how you learn is by asking questions. If you are wrong, someone will correct you so that you will know better the next time. Everybody on here had to learn at sometime.

As far as your 8 goes, it looks like damage. Next time you post, please state what the area of concern is. This way we are not guessing at what question you are asking.

12 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Your not being "coin stupid". This is how you learn is by asking questions. If you are wrong, someone will correct you so that you will know better the next time. Everybody on here had to learn at sometime.

As far as your 8 goes, it looks like damage. Next time you post, please state what the area of concern is. This way we are not guessing at what question you are asking.

Ok I will.& ok thank you. Did you see the pics of the 1955 penny you Wanted

I see "some" evidence of repunch inside the upper loop of the middle 8, and possibly the lower loop of the third 8, but the date is so packed with gunk it's hard to tell. Here is one site that shows 1888 varieties. https://indianvarieties.com/?s=1888&post_type=product

Keep in mind that the mint punched all of the dates in this era more than once. It's cool to find a new one, but there are so many that getting any extra value out of it isn't likely to happen.

41 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

I see "some" evidence of repunch inside the upper loop of the middle 8, and possibly the lower loop of the third 8, but the date is so packed with gunk it's hard to tell. Here is one site that shows 1888 varieties. https://indianvarieties.com/?s=1888&post_type=product

Keep in mind that the mint punched all of the dates in this era more than once. It's cool to find a new one, but there are so many that getting any extra value out of it isn't likely to happen.

Ok thank you I will go look the varieties