• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1999 p Quarter

17 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Not exactly sure what your seeing but if it was double struck, it would affect the whole coin, not just  one area.

Yes I understand thatI’m just trying to point out the areas as a newbie Like in my close-up of the Eye There is two eye. One next to it on the nose

2 hours ago, Jaynh said:

Yes I understand thatI’m just trying to point out the areas as a newbie Like in my close-up of the Eye There is two eye. One next to it on the nose

Yea I'm not seeing any double or multiple strikes either. Sorry!

1 hour ago, bsshog40 said:

Yea I'm not seeing any double or multiple strikes either. Sorry!

Yes you guys are both right Someone sent me a message saying it is a Counterclash?

Edited by Jaynh

11 hours ago, Jaynh said:

Yes you guys are both right Someone sent me a message saying it is a Counterclash?

I guess that is possible, but it is far more likely that what you are seeing is a discoloration in the shape of the eyelids and eyeball.

40 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I guess that is possible, but it is far more likely that what you are seeing is a discoloration in the shape of the eyelids and eyeball.

D2578496-6B73-4356-9A38-CDC1AA72F64C.jpeg

559273AB-336B-43FF-A38D-878F1232D35C.jpeg

E529B3DD-7B61-4593-AFCD-A6BFCC807379.jpeg

F66601C9-02E8-4E24-8F6C-A789B4EB51AD.jpeg

14FE9AA5-E62B-438C-9CF5-5CF0E529CD83.jpeg

I think with a heavily circulated coin such as this, your mind starts to make up things from random damage that aren't really there. If it was truly double struck, there would be a lot more distinct evidence.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, Greenstang said:

Not exactly sure what your seeing but if it was double struck, it would affect the whole coin, not just  one area.

Greenstang.  I found this on NGC It could be a match to my coin What I think They’re saying experimental coin? https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/7357/first-strike-delaware-quarters/

Those are not "experimental coins." They are simply two coins that were in the group of the first Delaware coins struck by the Philadelphia mint, which were placed in a presentation holder, and given to the dignitaries and others who were at the ceremony. One of the coins happened to have a slight struck-through on the neck and in front of the forehead, which matched a coin owned by a grader at NGC, who was present at the ceremony.

11 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Those are not "experimental coins." They are simply two coins that were in the group of the first Delaware coins struck by the Philadelphia mint, which were placed in a presentation holder, and given to the dignitaries and others who were at the ceremony. One of the coins happened to have a slight struck-through on the neck and in front of the forehead, which matched a coin owned by a grader at NGC, who was present at the ceremony.

OK thank you for the info on the subject . This is my coin friend of mine pointed this out

AB238D80-5FD4-4643-9CB0-89F95D421739.jpeg

Edited by Jaynh

23 minutes ago, Jaynh said:

OK thank you for the info on the subject . This is my coin friend of mine pointed this out

AB238D80-5FD4-4643-9CB0-89F95D421739.jpeg

Just bob. It looks pretty good to me 

On 11/1/2019 at 7:35 AM, Jaynh said:

Just bob. It looks pretty good to me 

I think what you are seeing is PMD. 

If you are looking for the ones from the Ceremony, whey will probably be in the holder. otherwise it would be hard to get them certified without the following. 

3 hours ago, Dukemnm said:

image.png.e2b30edd61058c20fc3896a93aaddb4c.png

Those are the two areas the article talks about. but it it is not in the holder it be hard to get it authenticated as the First Strike Delaware. IMO. 

Yes I will eventually end up sending it in