• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PCGS COINS
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hi Allan, 

A few years back NGC reversed its decision without warning. You can no longer add PCGS Coins to registry sets. 

You can add them to your inventory and to custom sets only.

What really baffles everyone is why they allow existing registry sets to keep PCGS coins. It is totally unfair to everyone else and they don’t care.

Edited by BlakeEik
spelling

I am paying to have my PCGS coins Crossed Over to NGC. I have submitted 31 coins graded PR70DCAM to NGC with every expectation of getting 31 coins back graded PF70 UCAM. If I don't see all of them graded as expected I may just put an end to this registry set game.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:46 PM, Joel Schram said:

I am paying to have my PCGS coins Crossed Over to NGC. I have submitted 31 coins graded PR70DCAM to NGC with every expectation of getting 31 coins back graded PF70 UCAM. If I don't see all of them graded as expected I may just put an end to this registry set game.

Hi Joel, I wish you the best of luck of getting those crossed.  However, having tried to cross several coins in both directions myself, I believe that both NGC and PCGS try to make it a point to "prove" they are more conservative than the other by denying crossovers.  I will never try to do so again. If they do not cross, they WILL NOT tell you why, which is total BS; you paid the same as having it graded so you would expect to know why. They will just tell you that they have "different standards."  In the long run, it is cheaper and less aggravating to find the coin you want in the holder you want (unless your coins are very rare or very expensive), even if you have to buy it again and sell your others.  In my opinion, you must accept that fact if you wish be at peace with the hobby.  

I have never tried to cross PR70DCAM or PF70UC coins, so please take that into account. Will you please share your results when you get them?  

PCGS actually flaunts their low cross over rate on their web site (https://www.pcgs.com/Statistics/) currently at just 38%. I'm not sure if NGC does the same - I could not find it if it does.  If so, perhaps an admin may post a link?

Wow that is a lot of money, if I recall correctly PCGS has said in the past that they will not cross MS/PF70 coins at grade.  Something to do with an expensive coin that they had to eat once it was cracked out of the holder due to an issue.  I don't know if NGC has a similar policy or not, I hope not for you.  Honestly I think you would have been better off selling the ones you have and just buying new coins in the holder you want, but best of luck hope it works out in your favor.

Well,

I got results back on my first 15 PCGS coins I submitted for crossing. 8 of 15 coins crossed from PR70 DCAM to NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo. I guess from reading other posts that percentage might be pretty good. I'll update this post when I get the other results on the remaining 16 coins. One coin I am very hopeful for. I think NGC should just allow the PCGS coins to be added to registry sets rather than penalize us new collectors.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:21 PM, Joel Schram said:

Well,

I got results back on my first 15 PCGS coins I submitted for crossing. 8 of 15 coins crossed from PR70 DCAM to NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo. I guess from reading other posts that percentage might be pretty good. I'll update this post when I get the other results on the remaining 16 coins. One coin I am very hopeful for. I think NGC should just allow the PCGS coins to be added to registry sets rather than penalize us new collectors.

Joel,

What was the outcome?  Did crossovers pay off in your case?  Or would you have been better off selling and rebuying them in NGC holders?

This is really a scam  both grading services like to tout how conservative they grade to boost their images with collectors and dealers, but both have had loose and tight standards before(hence old green holders at PCGS seem to have been more conservatively graded), I suggest you buy the coin for its beauty and collectability and forget weather its in a pcgs or ngc holder, the holder is secondary to the actual coin. 

• Administrator
On 10/20/2019 at 8:09 PM, allan70 said:

How can i add pcgs coins to my registry set or can i ?

Thanks

We have recently updated our programming to include PCGS US coinage. Please click here for assistance:

I have had no issues adding PCGS graded coins to my inventory here and to my sets.  There is a review process, but the coins have been approved in three days or so.  I buy the coin and not the slab, so I bounce between the two of them with the occasional few from ANACS.