• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a satin finish?

18 posts in this topic

So what is your point? It's a 1964 Kennedy proof half dollar, period. They made gazillions of them.

26 minutes ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

Oh for crying out loud! These kinds of threads are getting really boring. Ratzie, if you want to see an easy to find "satin finish" on a Kennedy half, check out Uncirculated Set examples from 2005-2010.

Edited by VKurtB

Remember Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses, that got him a fatwa? We could now have The Satinic Verses, and Kurt could issue the fatwa.

45 minutes ago, JKK said:

Remember Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses, that got him a fatwa? We could now have The Satinic Verses, and Kurt could issue the fatwa.

I fear that these "rarity jockeys" have zero idea of the damage they are doing to their own credibility. It's sad really, and it starts to explain the "thought processes" (as if...) of the YouTube video producer types. You can only hide for a finite amount of time behind excuses like "I'm here to learn" or "Forgive me, I'm new at this." There are books published for a reason. The Internet is for supplemental purposes, not to replace books. I have good useful books older than ARPANET, IBM System 70's, and TI-99, Apple ][, or Commodore 64 Bulletin Board Systems, much less the web. Sure, if some want to delve into the Newman Numismatic Portal  or the ANA's "The Numismatist" electronic archives, that's cool I guess. But I'm not seeing any evidence of that kind of scholarship at work. I'm seeing evidence of no commitment at all to the hobby, just "flippers" and quick buck artists.

Edited by VKurtB