• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 d DDDR error
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I'm seeing tripling in the A of states. But what's odd is there's no doubling on the whole reverse and obverse. And if you look at the left on the T ,it has has a marking of a A in it and a little bit on the S. If I'm understanding this correctly isn't all the letters supposed to be shifted. Maybe someone in here can explain it to me better. 

20191012_201822.jpg

20191012_203221.jpg

18 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Your looking for something that's not there.

What you see is on the A and the T on either side is damage that flattened then letters after taking a hit.

Thank you. 

54 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Is that why your title has three Ds (DDDR), instead of two (DDR)?

Yeah,  I was just being funny. I seen tripling and thought it would be something cool. Lol.😁😎 trying to throw some sarcasm out there. I try to keep it fun, just because I know alot of people takes this hobby really serious. 

I'll explain the serious part a little bit better. When I get in some of these post and see people asking about there coin, and you guy's tell them what happened to it, they get mad. Specially when they don't get the right response. And then there arguing and fighting with you guy's tooth to nail. Until Somebody actually gets in there and tells them just give it up, it's a damage coin. It's really cracks me up, and that's funny. I almost did that with Greenstang at one point on a quarter. But I had to back off and realize he's been doing this alot longer than I have. I'm glad I did because he was right. Life's to short to be serious all the time. 

3 hours ago, Hinkle said:

Yeah,  I was just being funny. I seen tripling and thought it would be something cool. Lol.😁😎 trying to throw some sarcasm out there. I try to keep it fun, just because I know alot of people takes this hobby really serious. 

(thumbsu:bigsmile:

And just for clarity the abbreviation for tripling would be TDO or TDR.  There's at least one Jefferson year/mint with a recognizable TDR but I can't recall it offhand.  In the 40s I believe.

...but I knew what you meant when I saw DDDR as well.  :grin: