• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2015P Double?

12 posts in this topic

Being a novice and I question what I think I see, but is there doubling going on here in the date? I would like your professional input on it. I see that in the variety plus it states some doubling in liberty but I don't notice it on this coin. Please if you would let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you

Sun Oct 06 08-26-02.jpg

Sun Oct 06 08-24-34.jpg

Sorry it took so long to take another picture but here it is for you, hope it's clear enough for you to see. I'm not too sure what to look for in Liberty and even in the Variety Plus picture I don't see anything.  Thanks Greenstang for your help.

Mon Oct 07 16-04-46.jpg

^^    BINGO!!  Finally after countless Machine Doubling posts, we have a true DD. It just shows they can be found if you look for the right markings.

The word LIBERTY confirms that it is Doubled Die WDDO-006. 

The easiest way to tell DD on the word LIBERTY is to look at the shape of the open areas inside the B and the R.

Edited by Greenstang

Thanks for the information on Liberty, I hadn't seen any of that anywhere. Should be a decent coin to send in to have graded. Hard telling from the pictures but do you think a grade of MS 64 may be correct? 

16 hours ago, Kevin Simpson said:

Thanks for the information on Liberty, I hadn't seen any of that anywhere. Should be a decent coin to send in to have graded. Hard telling from the pictures but do you think a grade of MS 64 may be correct? 

Even though it is one, that STILL doesn't make it worth sending in for grading. You will lose money doing it. Now, if you KNOW that and have another reason to send it in, go to it.

Thanks to everyone out there with the great feed back and enthusiasm and encouragement, It's almost like it was more than just me who found this one! You guys are wonderful taking time out of you day to do this for us on a regular basis.  THANK YOU