• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need professional advise on this 1999!

6 posts in this topic

Found this very interesting coin in a bank roll. My question to you is I'm not sure if this is a mint error or if it is a glue of some sort with a coin imprinted on it. The rear of the coin is directly behind what is happening on the front so that makes me wonder what my be going on.Front in my opinion is not any sort of glue and appears to have a slight imprint of the Memorial. Lincoln's bowtie has what I think is doubling.  I was wondering if I dabbed a slight bit of acetone on the rear to find out if in fact it is glue or not. I'm  never in favor of cleaning a coin but in this case I think I should rule out a substance on it to create this illusion.Has anyone seen anything like this before? Your input would be  very appreciated.    

IMG_20190929_074508771.jpg

IMG_20190929_074540494.jpg

Looks like glue that someone has pressed another coin into a couple of times. Not uncommon, have seen this before. Certainly not a Mint error. Try soaking it in acetone and the glue should come off. Acetone will not harm the coin.