• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1990 Lincoln no S Proof Penny?

34 posts in this topic

We all react to trauma in different ways. If I ever have a stroke, I hope it inspires me to be kinder and more accepting, but I can't say what it might do. I haven't been there.

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

Yes, and my upbringing has collided with a stroke some 10 years ago that made me even less tolerant for things I do not agree with. It's maybe 3/4 upbringing and 1/4 medical, but it sure didn't help. My hemorrhage was "supposed to" kill me, but instead it altered my personality and stoked my own sense of personal defiance, in this case, of the odds of survival. I have received Last Rites ten years ago, and I'm not even Catholic, but the priest gave them because no one knew my religion and "it can't hurt".

Glad you survived the storke, Lucky ! lol 

I guess  it makes no difference point out how rude you are, you grumpy old man. lol

I was going to suggest a disclaimer on your profile but you have one already. hahaha. 

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

(Or British Alphabet 10p in the U.K.)

I was going to say that the British Alphabet interest me more that the W quarters. I should Research them more. I only have one UK coin stumbled upon it in a lot. I would have to dig it out to show you but I won't. maybe when I stumble upon it while looking for something else. 

Edited by Dukemnm

40 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

I was ridiculed as "weak" when I did anything nice for anyone.

Yeah, I heard the same words growing up. But I was also taught, respect yourself, show respect and respect is earned not given. Show respect once and if it is not returned duck 'em. lol 

Edited by Dukemnm

On 9/28/2019 at 11:06 PM, Fireman99 said:

Came across a few really sharp 1990 pennies with the no mint mark while coin hunting through a collection that has been sitting for the last 12 years. Can anyone give me a little insight on what I'm looking at here? One is an error coin. Any value here? 

20190928_232322.jpg

20190928_232052.jpg

20190928_230302.jpg

20190928_230544.jpg

Sorry your question spun out of control with people arguing about how to treat each other over the internet. Some people feel the need to give their opinions and tell you how you should also share their opinion too.  But just think in a couple more years there’s gonna be doctors/judges/most teachers with tattoos and helpful information and not 64 year olds that have spit shinned pennys since they were 6 years old and called it a proof today. I’m a NEWBIE also and had kind of the same question. I knew mine wasn’t a proof unless it had traveled a couple pockets till it came into my hands. I was told mine was DDD (die deterioration, doubling) instead of DDR(double die reverse). Sadly these are only worth face value. The best part is you can go into anywhere that expects cash and they’ll give you 1c for it. 
keep hunting…we will find one!E820ABA1-1020-44FB-880F-1D14DE4AF01F.thumb.jpeg.1039ce7981a063d5daebfee7b3af4a78.jpeg633B1089-91DA-4DA0-A339-6D6A3CAA4E56.thumb.jpeg.260b8e708162b5f092dc83b9fa844054.jpeg