• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC wrongly attributes this generic silver round

12 posts in this topic

This generic silver round wasn’t minted in Mexico.  Don’t know how NGC decided to attribute it to Mexico .

I believe these were minted in the US by Highland Mint.  

Certification #4479635-003  ms69    Population isn’t  given.

I’ve seen a few of these a seller on eBay is offering.   I reached out to NGC via email but never got a response.

On 9/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, angelair said:

This generic silver round wasn’t minted in Mexico.  Don’t know how NGC decided to attribute it to Mexico .

I believe these were minted in the US by Highland Mint.  

Certification #4479635-003  ms69    Population isn’t  given.

I’ve seen a few of these a seller on eBay is offering.   I reached out to NGC via email but never got a response.

Texas commemorative halves are not minted in Texas

• Administrator

Hello Angelair,

I have been told that they aren't designated as official mint medals, they are just non official silver medals with a mexican look to them.

8 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Why would you have NGC certify a generic silver round?

I was wondering the same thing, but didn't want to ask. 

Lisa's explanation works for me. The coin was minted in Melbourne Florida, I believe, but it sure does look like a Mexican copy. 

On 10/4/2019 at 1:16 PM, LISA B said:

Hello Angelair,

I have been told that they aren't designated as official mint medals, they are just non official silver medals with a mexican look to them.

#4479635-003  ms69

The label says:

Medal

(2018) 1oz Mexico Silver

Aztec Calendar

4479635-003  ms69

It’s in a Mexico labeled holder. Sure looks like it’s attributed to being a Mexican round (coin) to me.

• Administrator

Hello,

It is not a coin it's a bullion silver round (medal)..... there are plenty of medals we do we put under various countries even though the country did not issue them

Interesting.  So here's the manufacturer's website listing.... https://www.goldenstatemint.com/1-oz-Aztec-Calendar-Silver-Round-999-Fine.html

Would that same logic then apply that any/all of these are eligible for certification and encapsulation as "medals"?  https://www.goldenstatemint.com/1-oz-silver-coins-rounds/

Interesting - GSM is located in central Florida - did not provide a city. Highland mint located in Melbourne Florida specializes is sport related silver rounds.