• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toning

2 posts in this topic

Hello again all. I recently purchased a bunch of old dealer stock at an estate sale. He had lots of old coin wrappers and coins that were still wrapped. See my post about the 1954s cents. The one roll I opened, i took the wrapper and rolled a bunch of morgans and indian heads inside it and sat it on my window sill. It's been about a week. The morgans have no change but the indian heads are gorgeous rainbow toned now. Both different, one darker red and browns and one lighter red and browns. Of the 4 only 2 toned and they toned very fast. See pics. I have 2 sets of wrappers. One from 1940s roll and one from the 54.... i crumbled them up and put the coins inside them. With the huge debate on AT and natural toning, would this be considered AT? I have done nothing but place them in the wrappers and on the window..... thoughts? I used some sorta junk coins to try this as I'm afraid to use the good stuff. 

20190922_190459.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-190436_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-190742_Gallery.jpg

A side note, the two that toned were brassy colored to begin with. The other 2 that were chocolate brown are the ones that didnt change at all. The 1937 nickle just looks hazy, like fine patina on the edges now. 

Screenshot_20190922-191347_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-191340_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-191327_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Mc10139
Add pictures