• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need input

8 posts in this topic

What makes you think so? I ask because EVEN John Wexler lists only one type of 1973-D doubled die, and Wexler is not the be-all and end-all reference. Many numismatists believe that many of his listings are pure fantasy, with the 1973-D being a chief example. No other authority agrees with John that a 1973-D doubled die even exists. So what do you think is doubled on yours?

12 minutes ago, Jlee73 said:

I have looked it up at coppercoins and it list the 73D as ddo -001 because of the mint mark I'm new at this and need the input

You'll get more of that if you take a much closer photo. As it is, there's zero reason to believe this is a double die based on the photo we have. However, you should know that we get a lot of these here, and very very few of them are actual double dies. So what is most likely is for you to make the extra effort to take a really close sharp photo, only to be told that what you have is not what you think it is.

I'm only saying that so that, when it works out that way, you will have known that was the likeliest possibility. Not a certainty, just by far the likeliest. Just because most lottery tickets amount to voluntary taxation that will recoup nothing doesn't mean that winning tickets don't exist, but if your expectations are cued to the level of lottery ticket, you'll better handle the losing lottery ticket.

Welcome to the Forum.

There is no way of telling what you say is true or not with that photo. To help us help you, please crop your photo and orient properly. A larger photo of the MM area is also required so we can see the details.

2 hours ago, Jlee73 said:

I have looked it up at coppercoins and it list the 73D as ddo -001 because of the mint mark I'm new at this and need the input

The existence of the DDO-001 is indeed the one that is very debatable and controversial. For example, last time I looked, not that I look all that often, NGC did not recognize that variety.

Edited by VKurtB