• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 d. Cent
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Vkurtb ,if i would have none people like you were part of this organization.i would have never became a member..i have watched you be little other people on here an be rude to others..you are not the greatest coin guy in the world.so get off your high HORSE.if you cant say anything with out being rude just keep your comments to your self..most of us didnt pay to be a member to deal with you.. Dont reply to anymore of my stuff or this. Cuz i dont want to here it.

35 minutes ago, Render222 said:

Vkurtb ,if i would have none people like you were part of this organization.i would have never became a member..i have watched you be little other people on here an be rude to others..you are not the greatest coin guy in the world.so get off your high HORSE.if you cant say anything with out being rude just keep your comments to your self..most of us didnt pay to be a member to deal with you.. Dont reply to anymore of my stuff or this. Cuz i dont want to here it.

He's dry but I don't think he was trying to be rude.  I actually found the 'down goes Frazier' remark quite funny.  But he gets tired of saying that microscopes aren't a necessity in numismatics and tend to do more harm than good.  Essentially, they let us see very minute details which are not meant to be dissected.  Did you know the standard magnification used by a grading company is 7x?  Anything beyond that can be misleading.

btw...the forums here are free.  Personally I haven't paid for a membership to NGC though I do have direct submission privileges due to the ANA membership.  Roughly the same price as NGC associate level with a monthly magazine thrown in.  w00t!

Personally I don't see where VKurtB was being rude, it's just his sense of humour. Instead of the usual stock answer such as "It took a hit PMD", he just added a little humour to an often asked questioning. As the USB, I have to agree. If I can't see it with my little magnifying glass, I will just disregard it. Who wants to carry a USB around when showing a coin.  

Edited by Greenstang

I use a jewler's loop.which i use at my families jewelry store when am there..yes i might have took him wrong.how our we going to get young an new people into our hobby when guys put down them when there excited about a coin they found an think they hit a good one..ive been collecting for 11yrs i have most of the books on errors like cherry pickers guide.also am friends with ken potter here in Michigan who is a expert in error coins.if i need confirmation on a coin i ask him. I just was wondering what kind of a response i would get on here..so i no now ..have good night 

13 hours ago, Render222 said:

I use a jewler's loop.which i use at my families jewelry store when am there..yes i might have took him wrong.how our we going to get young an new people into our hobby when guys put down them when there excited about a coin they found an think they hit a good one..ive been collecting for 11yrs i have most of the books on errors like cherry pickers guide.also am friends with ken potter here in Michigan who is a expert in error coins.if i need confirmation on a coin i ask him. I just was wondering what kind of a response i would get on here..so i no now ..have good night 

Would it surprise you to learn that I've been doing numismatics rather seriously for 56 years, have a numismatic library that takes up an entire room in my place, but have never ever even once opened "The Cherrypickers' Guide"? Well, it's true.

I do own a numismatic microscope. It has no USB anything. It is a fully stereo scope with a third optical path for a camera, digital or film (I do use both). The most common magnification I use with it is 3.5x (half of 7) and I wish I could get it to go lower than that.

Edited by VKurtB

10 hours ago, Render222 said:

Thanks bob i no what that is...just one person made it seem like it was a scope or camera..thanks now that made me lol.lol.

No Render, some people think that numismatic microscopes all have cables to plug into a PC and that it's important that they use all magnification available to them, optical and digital, when in fact ALL of that stuff is completely untrue.

Just for "gits and shiggles", here is an advertising photo of my "coin microscope". Mine was ordered without the stupid camera you see here. I use a 24.1 megapixel Sony or a film camera on mine.

71qj4Nxy3uL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Edited by VKurtB