• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just made my decisions on paying off my house and Harley-Davidson pulled these out of my collection was a very 😢 moment! $$$$$$$$$$$$ isnt everything!

15 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Erik’s verietys said:

False 

Time will tell, and I'd bet a $1000 note that you will not... tell the truth, that is. Simply put, Erik, you don't know what you're doing. "verietys" As if...

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, VKurtB said:

Oh dear! Another lamb being led to the slaughter. When will they ever learn? Your PNG dealer should be brought up on charges. They are supposed to be preventing this kind of waste of time and money.

I agree with this....however, we've had people just insist on us sending it in for them and we risked a lawsuit for not doing do when we even charged them applicable terms on doing so...

They had cash so....as I said, we had no choice really. Lawyer said we were providing a service to all and we were getting the money do....I lost that battle.

3 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

I agree with this....however, we've had people just insist on us sending it in for them and we risked a lawsuit for not doing do when we even charged them applicable terms on doing so...

They had cash so....as I said, we had no choice really. Lawyer said we were providing a service to all and we were getting the money do....I lost that battle.

I wondered about this. The PNG part really bothered me but this makes sense. I suppose there is only so much you can do to educate people unwilling to learn. The “branch mint proof Morgan” guy, the “SMS set” guy, and the “1969  S DDO” guy are all great examples of ignorance outweighing reason. It's a shame but ultimately not our responsibility. 

19 hours ago, coinsandmedals said:

I wondered about this. The PNG part really bothered me but this makes sense. I suppose there is only so much you can do to educate people unwilling to learn. The “branch mint proof Morgan” guy, the “SMS set” guy, and the “1969  S DDO” guy are all great examples of ignorance outweighing reason. It's a shame but ultimately not our responsibility. 

Yes, exactly this....I enjoy reading the knowledgeable persons posts and it reminds me of things I forgot...crazy...

Some people I'd like to be like, "I don't buy Rare Violins because I don't know anything about them"....and I sure as h*ll don't argue about it with those who do!!!!!!

On 9/18/2019 at 3:59 AM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

we've had people just insist on us sending it in for them and we risked a lawsuit for not doing do

It's easy for me to say this as a non-dealer who has argued lawsuits pro se all my life, including at my state's Supreme Court, but I think I'd risk the lawsuit.