• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1892 morgan

13 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Conder101 said:

A silver dollar has .77 oz of silver in it.  It should weigh more than that.  I'm not sure what your scale is actually showing.

Its showing 8oz exactly.

scale looks like it is showing 1080.

in standard oz a Morgan should weigh  .943 oz, in troy oz .859 oz 

grams is 26.73 with a tolerance range of +/- .09 grams

Your coin is way out of tolerance.  If your scale is set for standard oz then it is about .06 oz or 4 grams low or about 5 times the allowed tolerance.  Which would mean almost certainly a fake.

Tridmn,

Look, you and I have had a "history". You are making yourself a target of conmen, I'm afraid. You need to tap the brakes, my friend. You are in that dangerous phase that many of us have at least observed, where you are a perfect conman's "mark". Not just this coin, but pretty much everything you're posting.

4 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Tridmn,

Look, you and I have had a "history". You are making yourself a target of conmen, I'm afraid. You need to tap the brakes, my friend. You are in that dangerous phase that many of us have at least observed, where you are a perfect conman's "mark". Not just this coin, but pretty much everything you're posting.

That is why I am asking questions. If I dont know something then who better to ask than people such as yourselves who do. Seeing as how I gave a buck for this coin it can go along with my other "play" money . Or I will go get my dollar back.