• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible crack through all back side

16 posts in this topic

Could it be worth something? I plan on keeping it but don’t know what to do? Thank you very much. How can I verify it? What would make it more valuable? The coin being cracked or the die being cracked?

Could it be worth something?

There usually isn't too much value to die cracks unless they are pronounced and go from rim to rim. Die cracks are just too common.

How can I verify it?

Just by looking at it

What would make it more valuable? The coin being cracked or the die being cracked                                                                                          

If the coin was cracked all the way through, then that would be a cracked planchet which would be more valuable.        

If the coin was cracked, it would be incuse and run right through both sides. Your crack is raised which means the die is cracked.

Photo of a cracked Planchet

crackd planchet.jpg

Edited by Greenstang

4 hours ago, Greenstang said:

If the coin was cracked, it would be incuse and run right through both sides. Your crack is raised which means the die is cracked.

Photo of a cracked Planchet

crackd planchet.jpg

Lo can only download 4.8 mb. So the side of the coin might be to big. I don’t know how I can attach the picture?