• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toned full mint roll opened
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Good day.. 

I opened a roll of 2004 peace  Jefferson nickels bought at the  Long beach expo coin show on the 5th . 

‘I got home and the next morning I noticed that the ends were toned and since I was looking for  specimen pieces I opened it up. So I thought why not video it just for fun.. 

Well they all have the best looking tone to them. The kind you can’t wipe off.. LOL.. 

My question is would it be a good idea to get all slabbed for grade ? 

67CC8218-D43B-4DFD-8453-CDE0A284458D.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello James, 

Thank you for your post, these are some nice looking coins. While it's a bit difficult to determine specific grades here, people will often submit coins that have some significance to them. That way, the coins can be preserved in NGC's museum-quality holder for years to come.

It may be a good idea to submit just a few of the best looking coins and see the resulting grades. If you're unfamiliar with our services, memberships start at just $25. We appreciate your interest in NGC.

Ronnie