• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

International package issue
1 1

10 posts in this topic

My collecting interests necessitate purchasing multiple coins from the U.K. with some frequency. Throughout hundreds of successful transactions from all over Europe, I have never once had an issue like this occur. Of course, this just had to occur for the one purchase I was most excited for. Any ideas what could be going on? Has anyone had something like this happen before? 

515148539_uspsnightmare.thumb.png.1da5bf6562bfbf33153c30a58abce126.png

Looks like they didn't bother giving you a notice that the package arrived and it has now been returned to sender,although the time between arrival in New York and the return seem rather short for that.   Another possibility is the New York post office erred and sent it to the shipper instead of the person it was addressed to.

Did you receive it yet? Are you signed up on the USPS Informed delivery? You can also call your Post Master. I have had this happen although not internationally. Sometimes, especially with smaller packages, they can get tossed toward a bin but land in the floor or even fall out of the box under the captain's chair on the plane and not be found for several days or even until someone knows to go looking. I would call the PM. cause it seems maybe it got scanned in NY maybe while still moving along its route and then maybe got left in the bin and put back on the plane with other mail going to the UK and was thus rescanned there.

Unfortunately, I haven’t received it yet. The issue is that the ISC facility is apparently a grey area for USPS. I’ve contacted multiple people and I essentially get the same lackluster response that doesn’t instill a ton confidence.

I just received a text notification that the package has arrived in Queens. Typically this means it’ll be a few days before I have it in hand. I suppose this package likely got stuck in a bin somewhere. Hopefully I get it soon. I’ll be sure to update the thread once it comes in! 

Do that, cause seems we never hear the rest of a story. Lol! Fingers crossed. Hey, btw, I came across the note that you added to my package today, a long time ago. I keep everything. It was kinda neat to read it again.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:30 AM, KarenHolcomb said:

Do that, cause seems we never hear the rest of a story. Lol! Fingers crossed. Hey, btw, I came across the note that you added to my package today, a long time ago. I keep everything. It was kinda neat to read it again.

It seems as though and I are a lot alike in that regard. I keep most of the notes and invoices from my purchases as well.  

It finally arrived today!!! It departed Queens twice on two separate days but it managed to make its way to my front door. It was a major relief when I heard the knock on the door. I had expected the package to be in rough shape but surprisingly it seems to have held up well in its travels. I will try to post pictures of the coins later tonight if I get a chance. 

Package.thumb.jpg.3c34d1fc4c67efffdaa745c38dae3e35.jpg