• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ancient (Roman) coins

9 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Nice score B.L.21; hope they work out for you.  I am envious; I always wanted to collect some ancients but never knew where to start.

Total shot in the dark...saw em, decided to buy...all in, with the eBay tax; $91...I don’t own any and was a spur of the moment purchase 😂

In my opinion you did overspend, but at least you seem to have gotten rather nice and well attributed versions. Constantius II and Diocletian are very common. I'd have figured $12 each about right for those two, maybe more for Victorinus. Late Roman bronzes are often very reasonably priced.

6 minutes ago, JKK said:

In my opinion you did overspend, but at least you seem to have gotten rather nice and well attributed versions. Constantius II and Diocletian are very common. I'd have figured $12 each about right for those two, maybe more for Victorinus. Late Roman bronzes are often very reasonably priced.

Lesson learned...drinking and buying doesn’t mix well...still happy to have them

At $30 apiece, you did not overspend terribly, and, as JKK said, they are nice looking coins. 

Be sure to post shots of the reverses when you get them.