• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

14th president of the United States

14 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

I'm going to go out on a limb

Quick Someone chop the limb off. :devil:

lol I was having Looney Tunes flashbacks with Bugs and Daffy where Bugs is out on a tree limb and Daffy (or maybe it was Elmer) starts to saw off the limb. :roflmao:

3 hours ago, Greenstang said:

The whole coin looks badly damaged. Is there something specific about the rim that you are inquiring about?

isnt the error there too? missing letters, faded letters, dated?

1 hour ago, Dukemnm said:

Quick Someone chop the limb off. :devil:

lol I was having Looney Tunes flashbacks with Bugs and Daffy where Bugs is out on a tree limb and Daffy (or maybe it was Elmer) starts to saw off the limb. :roflmao:

it was daffy.  like mickey mouse said to minnie mouse,   what, are you ln goofy....

On my monitor, those first two pictures make the coin look like lead gray. Does it really look like that?

2 hours ago, VKurtB said:

On my monitor, those first two pictures make the coin look like lead gray. Does it really look like that?

It's not just his monitor.  It looks like oxidized aluminum to me... and considering that I'm pretty sure that's supposed to have a gold finish to it, I think the value is exactly $1.  Unless it's a fake.... which would be weird for a coin like that.

1 hour ago, Thompson2 said:

It's not just his monitor.  It looks like oxidized aluminum to me... and considering that I'm pretty sure that's supposed to have a gold finish to it, I think the value is exactly $1.  Unless it's a fake.... which would be weird for a coin like that.

Highly.

2 hours ago, Thompson2 said:

I found only references to gold-finished versions of these... did I miss an aluminum / silvery alloy somewhere? 

Or is it an artifact of a digital camera with the white balance set to auto?

Edited by VKurtB

17 hours ago, kramden said:

That was supposed to be....what, r u fking goofy

lol too funny. 

11 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Or is it an artifact of a digital camera with the white balance set to auto?

13 hours ago, Thompson2 said:

I found only references to gold-finished versions of these... did I miss an aluminum / silvery alloy somewhere? 

They turn into a dull grade when it gets exposed to the elements, some time of chemical reaction. I have one or two like that, I'll post pictures later.