• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

23 posts in this topic

NOBODY will EVER grade ANY of these because they are NOT Mint errors. None that you show are Mint errors, sir. And this, Aimee's first, is not a Mint error, either. Not every unusual coin is a Mint error. In fact, VERY VERY few are Mint errors. Almost all of them shown here are coins damaged long after they left the Mint. What have you learned before declaring any sort of damage to be a so-called Mint error??????

Edited by VKurtB

1 minute ago, R420coins said:

Pardon me sir! If you want to say something to me?  I have my own post! :)

Consider it "said" here.

So talk to me,tell me how these per package before leaving the Mint! Is still not an Error! Because what was written! Said a coin can be struck many times.ok .which means it was to be destroyed! Yet! They do leave the Mint.Even in prepackaged to be shipped out of the Mint.:) 

30 minutes ago, R420coins said:

So talk to me,tell me how these per package before leaving the Mint! Is still not an Error! Because what was written! Said a coin can be struck many times.ok .which means it was to be destroyed! Yet! They do leave the Mint.Even in prepackaged to be shipped out of the Mint.:) 

What are these "packages" you keep typing about? Coins leave the Mint in huge bags weighing many tons each. They are called "ballistic bags". They only are "packaged" into rolls AFTER leaving the Mint, by a contractor. In my area, that contractor has a name. It is R.F. String & Sons, also of Harrisburg, PA, about a ten minute walk from where I am typing this. They have the coin rolling contract for the Philadelphia Federal Reserve system, numbered District #3. They will also sell YOU coin rolling machines, if you have the funds to buy one. Here is a picture of one such ballistic bag:

th.jpg

Here's a news bit for you: Most real errors are discovered BY these contractors because they many times will not go through the rolling machines. These contractors' employees have the phone numbers of the serious error coin dealers, such as Fred Weinberg. They go direct from those contractor employees to Mr. Weinberg. Who said so? Why, Mr. Weinberg did! He said so at a recorded interview at Portland, Oregon in 2015.

Edited by VKurtB

10 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

What are these "packages" you keep typing about? Coins leave the Mint in huge bags weighing many tons each. They are called "ballistic bags". They only are "packaged" into rolls AFTER leaving the Mint, by a contractor. In my area, that contractor has a name. It is R.F. String & Sons, also of Harrisburg, PA, about a ten minute walk from where I am typing this. They have the coin rolling contract for the Philadelphia Federal Reserve system, numbered District #3. They will also sell YOU coin rolling machines, if you have the funds to buy one. Here is a picture of one such ballistic bag:

th.jpg

Now you telling me everything I need:) so meanwhile! That pic is an known to have many many errors leaving the Mint! Come on now an they have bows that are per-rolled :) I'm just saying what I seen what was written by the people of the Mint and collectors :)

3 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Come on now an they have bows that are per-rolled :)

Try again saying what you mean, and maybe I can respond.

2 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Now you telling me everything I need:) so meanwhile! That pic is an known to have many many errors leaving the Mint! Come on now an they have bows that are per-rolled :) I'm just saying what I seen what was written by the people of the Mint and collectors :)

Please pardon me! I really don't like debating,with someone in someone else's post .So my apologies

1 minute ago, VKurtB said:

Try again saying what you mean, and maybe I 

Sir! You was the first,to give me some facts to look up.So yes .I like you.told me if that's your right to collect what you want! So with that in mind! Thank you! :)

16 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Sir! You was the first,to give me some facts to look up.So yes .I like you.told me if that's your right to collect what you want! So with that in mind! Thank you! :)

ABSOLUTELY it is for you to collect, or hoard, or assemble whatever you like. And collectively, if you assemble enough like-minded individuals, you can TRY to make coins damaged after they've left the Mint collectible too! But, that plan has one flaw - that which gets damaged inadvertently "in the wild" can also be similarly damaged with INTENT, and therefore can never be rare or important in the collectible field. That's just plain old "supply and demand". If I can see how it was done accidentally, and I can, then I can also mass produce it intentionally.

And my brain was damaged after I left the hospital I was born in. Same thing, if you think about it really carefully. It was NOT a "birth hospital error".

1 minute ago, Aimee Smart said:

Im confused I thought these were considered errors? Triple shadow of his face? The extra mint Mark's all over penny? The round wreath/star like emblem over memorial? Off center?

No, Aimee. NONE of these are errors. Where did you get the idea they WERE errors? Nobody who knows their stuff EVER said ANY of these were errors. If someone DID say so, they have ZERO idea what they're talking about and you can completely disregard them AND their advice.

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

ABSOLUTELY it is for you to collect, or hoard, or assemble whatever you like. And collectively, if you assemble enough like-minded individuals, you can TRY to make coins damaged after they've left the Mint collectible too! But, that plan has one flaw - that which gets damaged inadvertently "in the wild" can also be similarly damaged with INTENT, and therefore can never be rare or important in the collectible field. That's just plain old "supply and demand". If I can see how it was done accidentally, and I can, then I can also mass produce it intentionally.

Slow down there Kurt.  I've already got 3 bags full of nickels I cut in half to sell as clipped and I really don't want the competition.  Unless you want to just split the country down Ol' Man River and come to a gentleman's agreement.

3 hours ago, Aimee Smart said:

I'm asking if these are mint error or variety?

Not mint errors. Also NOT variety. Damage. Full stop. Damage that is valueless.

Aimee,most if not everything you are seeing on those coins is caused by "zinc rot", the decomposing of the zinc underneath the copper plating.