• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whats going here then?

12 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Chat Board alexhth.

When showing photos, please include a full shot of both sides, it helps in diagnosing a coin. Also include the year and denomination in your heading.

I'm not quite sure what your question is and I don't even know what I'm looking at. Whenever you increase the size of a coin that much, you are going to find some anomalies. Even TPG's don't recognize anything over 10 power.

yea but a hundred year old coin you are not going to get a image thats crystal clear, I can't see how reflection follows a lip, just off the edge. With out it being another layer.

Welcome to the boards. Let me start by asking you a question. Do you know what the term “proof” refers to. It’s not simply a shiny a coin and you may be able to answer your own question by making sure you understand that term first and foremost.

yea but what I am trying to achieve is not to make a mistake, I have to be 100 percent. Something I am not at this stage. I can see layers, in which I thought was easy to see by the pictures, I am not trying to prove you all wrong, I am just trying not to sell it for scrap, when there is a possibility I could be wrong.

55 minutes ago, alexhth said:

yea but what I am trying to achieve is not to make a mistake, I have to be 100 percent. Something I am not at this stage. I can see layers, in which I thought was easy to see by the pictures, I am not trying to prove you all wrong, I am just trying not to sell it for scrap, when there is a possibility I could be wrong.

You are looking for a nonexistent phenomenon. I understand you asking about it, and there's nothing wrong with having done so, but it's nonexistent. Now you know. Or choose not to.

If you go to a small fishing pond in Kansas, and you bring the gear to catch tuna, and someone there tells you there ain't no way you're going to hook a saltwater fish in fresh water, and suggests you take a look at the normal range of where tuna swim, would you spend a couple hours casting your line in the freshwater pond just to be 100%? Or would you go figure out where the fish actually live?