• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pride of two Nations Census data?

5 posts in this topic

The Pride of Two Nations coins have a dedicated Registry Set, buy No Census data about how many US vs Canada Sets have been graded and what the distribution of grades has been for these coins.

The US sets were initially sold on July 3 and the RCM sets were sold out the week before, so I would imagine that many people met the August 2 cut off for ER etc. 

When will NGC be making this data available?

Thank you 

The census data is available but questionable. NGC states that they graded 2151 Canada Set First Day of Issue MERCANTI SIGNATURE. I find this questionable because that is 21% of all the sets sold by the RCM and I seriously doubt that 21% got FDI and a Mercanti signature and were all graded by NGC. This does NOT include the sets graded by PCGS.  What makes this even more questionable is that NGC claims that they have graded a total , all varieties of the US sets, that total just over 15,000 sets or 15% of all US Mint sales. How did NGC get 21% of All RCM sets and sell them with Mercantis signature???

I did an ebay search of all sold Pride of two nations sets with Mercanti signature and only TWO sets came up. If NGC graded both RCM and USM sets with this signature surely more would have been sold on ebay

I feel that the varieties of the Pride sets should be audited and correct figures reported. The available census data is disappointing. Thank you