• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faded hologram

2 posts in this topic

Spoiler

MS63

So I decided to show a couple buddies at work one of my gold Double Eagles. I just put the slab in my front pocket and that's where it stayed most of my 12 hour day at work. 

When I got home I realized the hologram faded away. I'm guessing this was a combination of heat, moisture (sweat) and movement (I do concrete construction for work). I was already planning on having this particular coin sent back to NGC to be put in a modern Edge View scratch resistant slab anyway but I was still surprised to see the hologram melt away like that. 

About how long does it take to get my coin back if I sent it in for a new case? 

Thanks!

Cory

Screenshot_20190815-174252_Gallery.jpg

20190816_184838.jpg

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your email.  The cost to re-holder would be $10 per coin plus return shipping and insurance as long as the coins are valued $10,000 or less per coin.  In order to submit this yourself, you would need to become a paid member or you could have an authorized NGC Dealer submit this for you.  The turnaround is about 5 to 10 business days.