• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1984 p dime

7 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Dukemnm said:

Looks like a weak strike. I am also asking about a die of the same year and mint :D

Thank you! I was just checking out your dime photos . Ours both seem to have the weak strike in the exact place! Thanks for your help! 

10 hours ago, Hess4 said:

Ours both seem to have the weak strike in the exact place!

Yes they do. They are very cool aren't they?  I've always favored P mint not sure why but I find they have a better eye appeal. 

Just waiting on one of the pros to confirm the weak strike. I am not a pro yet :D

10 minutes ago, Dukemnm said:

Yes they do. They are very cool aren't they?  I've always favored P mint not sure why but I find they have a better eye appeal. 

Just waiting on one of the pros to confirm the weak strike. I am not a pro yet :D

Yeh I’m a newbie so I don’t know very much but I’m learning everyday! I love the guys on here! They are so great and so helpful idk what I would do without them! They probably will be sick of me before it’s over! Lol🤪

With both dimes & quarters the I and W are farthest from the center so you'll generally see the weakest strike in those areas.  Even at times where the letters get soft & mushy toward the rim.  Like the upper portion of the L & I on your coin are showing.

3 hours ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

With both dimes & quarters the I and W are farthest from the center so you'll generally see the weakest strike in those areas.  Even at times where the letters get soft & mushy toward the rim.  Like the upper portion of the L & I on your coin are showing.

Thank you so much for the information !

I learned something new today that I didn’t know about, so I appreciate you!

<Tracy

Edited by Hess4