• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A jar a friend made in 1969!

6 posts in this topic

I have this jar a friend made in 1969! The newest penny on it is 1964/65. It has sentimental value to me but in hard times I need money. Do you think it's worth taking these coins off to check them or not. No backs are available. And if so how can I remove them without damages? I would post more pictures but it has a limit on MBs. 

20190716_190304.jpg

I'm not sure what they are stuck in but they do fall off. 7 has fallen off. Im very gentle with it so no others fall off. There are alot of really nice coins on it. Several RD 40s. Atleast 8 1944s half red. Half great shape. One 58 with side cut off looks factory. Few other possible errors. The bottle is a old log cabin syrup bottle. But it's worth nothing if I dont have a home to put it in. 

20190813_062739.jpg

I am sorry that you have fallen on hard times, but, unless there is a major rarity or variety somewhere in the mix, a hand full of circulated wheat cents is not going to bring enough money to make a house payment. :(

Yes Bob I do understand that. But every penny helps. I found a 2009 dime today missing the words In and We on the front. Notnin the best shape but it's not damage cause they just mia. Also found a 1919 penny but it's not in good shape. And on the jar there are several with doubling, chips, and probably some red ones that are close to perfect. But I'm no expert just someone starting over again after 15 years out coins. 

20190814_041000.jpg

20190814_041434.jpg