• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help to identify the penny
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I need help to identify a 2017-P penny. I saw a double die coin online but never had one. I got this coin from gastation, so I take a look at it when I get home and look like I have a double die but my wife said no. So please help me to identify it. Thanks for your time.

Spoiler
  1. Spoiler

20190807_205927_HDR(1)~2.jpg

IMG_2019-08-05_18-40-35~2_Signature.jpg

Idk dude. With these photos being incomplete I wouldn't have a clue if it's a Doubled Die or Machine Doubling. Have you checked it against the known Doubled Dies on Wexler's or Variety Vista?

Just now, Beginner 76 said:

Hi what do you mean the picture incomplete. I can take few more if you need to

Well, generally the more of the coin we can look at and enlarge and study the better were able to say what we think is going on. I try to make it a habit of posting a good close up of both sides and then one of the questioned area. Just gives you more of a chance to get a good answer. Your close up of IGWT is great but a teensy bit of a glare.

12 minutes ago, Beginner 76 said:

Hi what do you mean the picture incomplete. I can take few more if you need to

7 minutes ago, Beginner 76 said:

Thanks. I'll try again. 

You're doing fine. This is how we all learned.

Welcome the Chat Box-

As Karen stated, always supply complete pictures of both sides of coin plus a closeup of the area of concern.

Now looking at the photo supplied of "IN GOD WE", that is Machine Doubling, see how the devices are reduced in size, If it were Doubling, the size of the devices would be increased.