• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a 1971 DDO?

6 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Not sure where you see DDO, looks normal to me.

Could you take a closeup of the area you think is DDO? sometimes the lighting can play tricks

Well here is the example on pcgs. I Compared it to that

C359B962-A6AB-46E3-A0AB-45B39865C168.png

A6ADBEDE-A075-4993-B264-C83E32D54329.png

Wha??? Yours is a much later die stage strike. Not seeing anything else.

TON-

To help you understand the difference between yours a genuine DD, I placed the word LIBERTY together to give you a better understanding.

Note on the genuine DD on the top photo how the letters have thickened on the left side from the Doubling. This is not present on yours. Remember, to be a DD, it has to be exactly the same as the original. Photos are blurry but you should be able to see the difference.

1971.jpg

14 hours ago, Greenstang said:

TON-

To help you understand the difference between yours a genuine DD, I placed the word LIBERTY together to give you a better understanding.

Note on the genuine DD on the top photo how the letters have thickened on the left side from the Doubling. This is not present on yours. Remember, to be a DD, it has to be exactly the same as the original. Photos are blurry but you should be able to see the difference.

1971.jpg

Thanks for that comparison photo. Sometimes I need a smack to remember true double die. I wish there wasn’t so many different kinds of doubling. Only true double die should exist