• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 s penny elavateing roof and no FG
2 2

13 posts in this topic

These are so fun to find. Didn't think I would find one in the San Francisco mint. That is so cool. Put that in with my collection. I don't think there were any found in the San Francisco mint. But I could be wrong lol.

20190803_103152.jpg

20190803_103646.jpg

27 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

The "Floating Roof" and no FG can occur on any LMC business strike as it is caused by overpolishing the dies. What you may be thinking of is the 1970S Proof Strikes

Thanks  Greenstang, see I learn alot more even though I'm looking up certain coins. That would be hard to find one on a proof. Thank you. 

I learn alot more even though I'm looking up certain coins

Best way to learn is by asking questions of something your not sure about.  Another way, if you aren't already doing it, is to read previous posts and see what other questions are being asked.

3 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Best way to learn is by asking questions of something your not sure about.  Another way, if you aren't already doing it, is to read previous posts and see what other questions are being asked.

Cool thank you, I'll  do that for sure,  good point.

I literally just found this like an hour ago and was reading an saw your post and as soon as I posted the 70 s I found 71 s with same exact error for some reason it won't let me post the other pics 

1564895322240838824776717034842.jpg

15648957443267267783710370570888.jpg

Edited by Curtwood

8 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

I can tell that Curtwoods is a LG Date but Hinkle I'm not sure yours isn't a Sm Date. Did you check it? lincolncentresource.com

http://www.lincolncentresource.com/smalldates/1970Ssmalldate.html

Hi Karen, yeah it's just the way  I took the pic. It does kinda look like a small date. The zero isn't perfectly round and the nine is pointing towards the S MM. But I did find another one yesterday but not for sure if it's a small date or not. The top of the zero is smush in a little. The zero is perfect round. And the 9 is pointing the right way. I might post it here in a bit to get feedback if it is or not. 

4 hours ago, Hinkle said:

Hi Karen, yeah it's just the way  I took the pic. It does kinda look like a small date. The zero isn't perfectly round and the nine is pointing towards the S MM. But I did find another one yesterday but not for sure if it's a small date or not. The top of the zero is smush in a little. The zero is perfect round. And the 9 is pointing the right way. I might post it here in a bit to get feedback if it is or not. 

Hmmm...i never knew to look at the 0. I just look at the top of the numbers and the curl of the 9. You say if the 0 is round it's Small and oval it's not? Please don't share me any memes showing them. I hate them cause too much info makws my head hurt. Lol!

45 minutes ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Hmmm...i never knew to look at the 0. I just look at the top of the numbers and the curl of the 9. You say if the 0 is round it's Small and oval it's not? Please don't share me any memes showing them. I hate them cause too much info makws my head hurt. Lol!

Yeah, usually it's a small date if the zero is round and the date matches up at the top. You're right about it matching up and also the 9. But this coin doesn't match up, the 7 drops way down between the 9 and the zero.